Sunday, November 24, 2013

Her Name Was Lola...

...She was a showgirl - with yellow feathers in her hair and her dress cut down to there!

Riding that post CTN high as long as I can - here is Miss Lola from Copacabana. She's got all the potential in the world, trying so hard to keep things together and be a star. But she's still young at this point, still a bit clumsy and insecure with her body. She's much more at ease when her Tony is around.

I was inspired to start this mini project when listening to John Barrowman (Captain Jack! ^^ ) singing the Barry Manilow song about the tragic romance of Lola and Tony. It's also combining a few challenges that I received from Chris Oatley and others at CTN. It won't be nearly as involved as other projects - just doing the three characters named in the song - from there the number of additional illustrations or a storyboard will depend on where I'm at with other things. 

Very nice change from all the billowing shirts and crowns of the last set. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to all the research I did for her, so if anyone wants to attempt that hairstyle...good luck and let me know how much hairspray that took. ><

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. I know I'm looking forward to some good food and hopefully some family time too. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment