Friday, July 13, 2012

Agricultural Classroom


Here is a layout I did to better understand perspective and size/spacial relationships in an interior setting. It is a conservatory-type room where students would come to learn botany, etc. I drew most of my inspiration from Moorish Architecture.
The marginal notes were mostly cut off, but they detail and explain areas such as the entry room in the far back where students would change shoes and leave their bags; the practical demonstration table upstairs; the storage room below; the lecture area; the gated planter space that is irrigated by the fountain (which draws its water from an outside reserve) and channels that span the tiled floor; etc.
As a sketch it is still relatively loose and there is much more that I need to consider in regards to available technology and materials before I venture forth in rendering a scene in this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment